Welcome to the activities user guide, we will be covering the basic steps to setup your activities including some more advanced information on features within the different activities.
An activity is a form you create to engage your supporters. These include the following:
- Sign-up Forms -- Create a form your supporters can fill out to join your list. This is something that you can embed directly on your site and/or have a copy hosted in Salsa.
- Fundraising -- Create a form that allows your supporters to donate to your organization. This is something that you can embed directly on your site and/or have a copy hosted in Salsa.
- Petitions -- Create a form that compels your supporters to lend their voice to your cause. This is also something you can either embed into an existing website, as well as have a copy hosted in Salsa.
- Targeted Letters -- Create a form that will allow your supporters to email legislators about your causes.
- Events -- Create, manage and measure the success of your free or paid events. With features like customizable ticket-types, custom questions and editable RSVPs, events in Salsa are a breeze.
Each activity will follow the same basic workflow where you first give it an internal reference name, then design the form or compose your message, and then publish or send.
Before you begin
Some activities will require you to setup some account wide settings ahead of time. In order to accept donations via your fundraising widgets you need to setup your payment gateway. If you want to post messages via Facebook and Twitter you will need to link those accounts to your Salsa account.
To navigate to the Activities Dashboard, select Activities from the left column.
The Activities Dashboard allows you to see some overview information of all of your activities and create an activity. It also provides some key metrics about your different activities such as email blasts and fundraising widgets.
To create a new activity click the Start an Activity button in the upper right hand corner and choose which type you want.
You can find further information on each one of these activity types here:
In the center of your dashboard you will find Key Metrics and you can see them for the past 30 days, 90 days or year to date.
- Total Number of Supporters is the total number of people who have been added to your organization's audience within the given timeframe. They may have been added via a sign-up page, a fundraising page, or a petition. They may also have been added to your account via import.
- Total Funds Raised is the total amount of dollars taken in.
- Total Number of Petition Signers is the number of supporters who have signed one of your petitions.
At the bottom of the dashboard is a list of all of the activities started. You can see the status of each one and you can also click the name of any of the activities to go directly into viewing/editing it.